Contact Us to Develop Your Responsible Sourcing Roadmap
Contact Us for Animal Welfare Messaging
Where We’ve Been
Sustainable Solutions Group was recently featured on Linked ‘N Chicago. This networking organization has over 104,000 members and is dedicated to helping Chicago businesses thrive.
Our CEO, Janice Neitzel was recently interviewed by BreakThru Radio regarding our experience Measuring Animal Well-Being and Implementing Food Waste Reduction at large-scale grocery and restaurant chains. The link to the podcast is under the Resource Downloads tab to the right.
Sustainable Sourcing to Innovate a Private Brand, a Closing General Session presentation given by Sustainable Solution Group’s CEO Janice Neitzel at the Store Brands conference in Q1 2015, was published in the Summer 2015 volume of the Journal of Brand Strategy, a peer-reviewed journal of Henry Stewart Publications LLP. You can access it under the Resource Downloads tab to the right.
Animal Welfare: the 4th Pillar of Sustainability
Consumers are demanding higher animal welfare in animal proteins. While there are overlaps, high animal welfare cannot be assumed in Natural, Clean label, Organic or Antibiotic Free (ABF). Sustainable Solutions Group facilitates top food industry decision-makers in understanding consumers’ primary concerns. We measure Current State of Animal Well-Being Criteria to guide understanding of your supply chain perishable meat, dairy, and eggs. Our methodology is being used at Fortune 500 retailers, restaurant and foodservice chains, as well as at growing food companies.
- We facilitate pragmatic Animal Well-Being Policy Development and guide your Communications team in effectively communicating while being careful to satisfy all stakeholders.
- We offer a Meat, Dairy, & Egg Sourcing Assessment to measure current state of animal well-being and growth promoters in your supply chain and provide a formal report of recommendations.
- Our Pre-Crisis Planning & Audit Evaluation guides you to understand demands made by animal advocacy groups to minimize the risk of being a target and we safeguard your brand by providing 3rd Party evaluation of your supplier animal welfare audits.
- Our Food Waste Reduction service uses the EPA’s WasteWise Recovery Hierarchy to create custom food waste reduction programs to meet and exceed solid waste disposal regulations for Fortune 500 foodservice companies. Our Certified Nutrition Wellness Adviser guides marketing of nutritional benefits of foods with higher sustainability and animal welfare criteria.
- Through Responsible Sourcing Strategic Planning we facilitate a Crawl-Walk-Run approach with actionable steps to take advantage of business opportunities in earning Millennial loyalty to your brand’s value equation.
We use a results-based approach to guide companies to build brand equity and attract the best talent. Sustainable Solutions Group is a member of the Food Marketing Institute.