Sustainable Solutions Group
Contact Us to Develop Your Responsible Sourcing Roadmap
Contact Us for Animal Welfare Messaging
Consumers are demanding high animal welfare foods. We provide solutions.
Headquartered in Chicago, we are an Animal Welfare Consultancy with a global reach that leads food companies in making animal welfare sourcing improvements. Our clients range from international to regional food companies, including food manufacturers, retailers, grocers, private brands, and restaurant chains.
Our animal welfare consultancy services
- We facilitate pragmatic Animal Welfare & Antibiotics Policy Development while being careful to satisfy all stakeholders.
- We offer a Meat, Dairy, & Egg Animal Welfare Sourcing Assessment to measure the current state of animal welfare and growth hormones in your supply chain and provide a formal report of recommendations.
- Our Pre-Crisis Planning & Audit Evaluation guides you to understand demands made by customers and animal advocacy groups to minimize the risk of being a target.
- We specialize in Group Facilitation & Executive Coaching. We are not consultants that facilitate. We are experts in Group Facilitation.
- Through Responsible Sourcing Strategic Planning, we facilitate a Crawl-Walk-Run approach with actionable steps to earn Millennial loyalty to your brand’s value equation. Measured animal welfare criteria, such as cage-free eggs and gestation crate-free pork, need to appear in your sustainable food strategy and sustainability reporting.
Meeting consumer demand
According to the global 2016 Business Benchmark for Animal Welfare (BBFAW) report, “animal welfare is now serious business rather than a niche option. Animal welfare has shot up the priority list for food companies, but reporting remains “relatively underdeveloped.” Consumer and political pressure has pushed standards up beyond the niche, premium brands.”
Measured animal welfare criteria need to appear in your sustainable food strategy and sustainability reporting. You need to have a complete picture of animal welfare conditions in your supply chain.
Avoiding brand-tarnishing threats
Cage-free eggs, gestation crates, growth hormones, piglet thumping, day-old male chicks being ground alive, fast-growing broiler chickens, castration without pain relief, lame dairy cows, and chickens scalded alive are just some of the animal welfare issues animal advocacy groups are bringing to light and there will be more in the coming years. Your customers are and will be seeing painful images of these issues on social media videos.